Air conditioners are available in different types to suit almost every requirement and budget. As a buyer, you may be a little confused when choosing between the different types, especially if you are not aware of different terms used to describe different ACs. Failure to select and install the right type of AC in your home may result in inadequate cooling and frequent AC breakdowns. Thankfully, aircon servicing in Singapore doesn’t cause you a fortune.
Ideally, you should choose an air conditioning system depending on how large your room is, how many occupants stay there and the weather condition of your locality. Here are some common types to choose from.
• Window AC units – An ideal choice for small rooms, a window AC unit contains all the necessary components, including the condenser, evaporator coil, compressor, expansion valve, and refrigerant in a single box. You can install the unit in a window or mount it on the wall, with the front end facing inside and the rear end facing outside of the room.
• Split AC units – These are the most common type of air conditioning systems found in Singapore. The system comes with an indoor component, which includes the evaporator coil, expansion valve, and cooling fan, and an outdoor component containing the compressor and the condenser. The two components are connected with electric cables and drain pipes. These ACs are popular for their aesthetic appeal, and are an obvious choice for rooms that do not have windows.
• Portable AC units – Like split ACs, a portable AC comes with one internal and one external unit, but with the only difference that the internal unit is portable and does not require installation. These types are ideal for large rooms and they occupy a very small space.
• Packaged AC units – If you need an air conditioner to cool a larger room or two adjacent rooms, consider installing a packaged air conditioner. This type of AC can be either air-cooled or water-cooled. Some models come packed with all the necessary elements in a single box and release cool air through a high capacity blower. Other models may have the condenser and the compressor packed in one box, and multiple ducts installed in different rooms. It is usually more difficult to install or service a packaged AC system. You must consider hiring professional technicians for aircon servicing in Singapore.
• Central AC unit – Although often used in commercial buildings and offices, central air conditioners can also be a good choice for your home. If you have a big house with multiple large rooms, you can consider installing a central AC system for optimum performance. Remember, however, that installing and maintaining the central AC system could be time consuming and more expensive.
Now that you know about the different types of air conditioning systems and their pros and cons, it will be easier for you to choose the best type for your home. Also make sure that you get your AC installed and maintained by professionals and always hire a skilled and qualified technician for aircon servicing in Singapore.
If you need a reliable and aircon specialist, please contact us at http://www.billyaircon.com.sg/contact-us/
To watch our last video on how to save money when you use your aircon