If your air conditioner stops working in the middle of the day or night, you need to fix the problem as soon as possible. Most aircon problems require professional help. However, if you know how to troubleshoot or at least identify some common problems, it would help you make an informed decision in the event of an emergency. These tips will save you some money in the long run.
Most of the air conditioning problems are caused by faulty installation, improper handling, and inadequate maintenance and in most cases are avoidable with proper guidance from professionals.
1. Not turning on – If you are having difficulty turning on your Aircon, first check whether the unit is properly plugged in. It could be a problem with a blown fuse. If the fuse is okay, you may have a problem with the faulty wiring. So check whether bad wiring is preventing the system to get power. If it still does not turn on, there could be a problem with the compressor or the motor, and you should contact an expert technician.
2. Not cooling enough – Inadequate cooling is another common Aircon problem. It can be caused by a number of reasons, such as dirty evaporator coils and filters, faulty thermostat, and adequate compressor gas. If you experience inadequate cooling, set a lower temperature and see if the problem goes away. If not, you should seek professional help for aircon repair in Singapore.
3. Leaking water – Sometimes faulty installation may cause water leakage from your Aircon. In some cases, the water drainage channel may be blocked by dirt and cause leakage problems. Only professionals can provide you with a proper solution to this.
4. Creating noise – If your AC is creating excessive noise while running, it may be a sign that the system needs servicing or repair. Excessive noise may be caused by dirty evaporator coils, faulty motors, or loosening of some internal parts.
5. Turing on and off repeatedly – You may sometimes find that your Aircon is turning on and off automatically. This may happen when a lot of dust particles accumulate on the evaporator or filters and block the normal functioning. You need to clean the system and remove any obstructions to get rid of the problem. Consider calling an experienced Aircon technician for the job.
6. Outside fan not working – Your Aircon’s “outside” fan helps to release the heat outside your room into the air. If the outside fans stop working or under performs, it may cause heat transfer issues and eventually result in overheating of the system. Even the compressor may suffer internal damage due to this. If you notice that the outside fan of your Aircon is not working, it is time to call a professional for help.
While you can perform some regular Aircon cleaning and maintenance tasks on your own, troubleshooting your air conditioner without proper technical training could be counterproductive. It is always a good idea to get your Aircon installed, cleaned, maintained, and repaired by an expert. Thankfully, you can easily find a professional service for aircon repair or contact us at Billy’s aircon servicing Singapore.